Sunday, January 15, 2012

Classes & Travel

I've been in Florence over a week now. School starts tomorrow and I am really excited. I can't wait to have projects and start learning again. I haven't been in school since the summer! I will be taking six classes: Collection, History of Italian Renaissance Art, Fashion Illustration and Color Techniques, Intro to Pattern Design, Clothing Samples (sewing), and Italian Language. Hopefully I won't have classes on Fridays, because then I can travel! This company called Florence for Fun came to visit the school and they are a group of a bunch of young people who take students on trips all around Europe. They gave us a huge list of trips we could go on, and I want to go on every single one! It's a problem. Here's the list:

Interlaken
Prague
Budapest & Vienna
Vienna & Salzburg
Nice & the French Riviera
Munich
Amalfi Coast, Capri & Pompeii
Dalmation Coast, Croatia
Corfu Island

They are all 3-day trips, which is why I refuse to have class on Friday! Each trip costs between 200-250 euro. How am I supposed to pay for that?? It's cruel, really. haha.

They also take day trips within Italy to Chianti, Venice, Milan, Tuscany, Verona, and Cinque Terre. These trips cost from 45-75 euro. Everything is so expensive here. It's making me nervous!! I'll post in a few days once I've started classes. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck, Julie! You'll learn so much and make such wonderful memories. Whichever trips you choose will be awesome, so you can't possibly make a bad choice! Enjoy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I'm still trying to decide. Can't wait to see all the amazing places =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Munich! I vote Germany! :P They all sound great.

    ReplyDelete